Monday, August 8, 2011

Airline Tickets and Algorithms? umm...what?

I'll let you in on a little secret: I HATE paying too much for airfare. I know I'm not alone in this but no one is more psycho about it that I am. I will check and check and re-check ALL of the airline sites for weeks before I pull the trigger on a ticket. I'll even keep checking AFTER I've already purchased it- just to convince myself that I got the best deal I possibly could. It's such a gamble that it totally stresses me out.  But, now I've finally found something that might give me a bit of an edge.  It's Bing.

Bing studies the algorithms (huh?) and tracks all the ups and downs of my particular fare and it's "Price Predictor" will tell me when I can expect the best price for my ticket. Bing will even let me know how confident they are that they're right. In short, it's like going to Vegas with someone who can count cards.   Cool.


Check it out: http://www.bing.com/travel




No comments:

Post a Comment

Snacks On a Plane

Why is it that the minute I arrive at an airport I'm starving?  I think it's because I'm inevitably stressed or late with no tim...