13 days....

...and I'm off to Chicago.  This will be a new blogging experience for me because I'll be documenting the whole trip in real time (sort of) which might prove to be slightly annoying for my travel partners (sorry, girls - I promise never during cocktail hour, ok?)  Anyway, after hours of exhaustive research, we've settled on Hotel Palomar ChicagoIt's a (Kimpton) sister hotel to the Hotel Monaco- which I also love (see previous posts re: Monaco in San Francisco & Chicago).  The Palomar is in the River North area of Chicago - close to restaurants and .....shopping.  What else would we do in the winter in Chicago?
 
Since it just opened last spring, I'm looking forward to that new hotel smell AND the hosted wine hour in the hotel's living room every night.  It's a shame we won't be able to check out the green (eco friendly-whatever) rooftop pool and terrace -I've heard the view is amazing -  but maybe we'll visit again when the temp is above 30.

The reviews rave about the service. Stay tuned....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I didn’t dip my toe in an ocean until I turned 25 and my friend Sandy and I traveled to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. After that week, I was hooked. I loved being somewhere new; smelling the smells, tasting new food, seeing how other people lived. It energized me. As luck would have it, I landed a job that allowed me to travel all over the US and often to Canada. Being a sports event television producer, I was on the road all the time. That's when my love affair with travel began. Now, its 20 years later and still no one gets more “geeked up” about planning a vacation than I do. All I need is a destination and some travel companions and my fire is lit! I start delving into my favorite hotel sites, sifting through photos and reviews, comparing, contrasting -it’s like an addiction. The travel shows with tips and trends? I study them like a playbook. I LOVE doing the things most people hate doing before they go on vacation. Whether it be searching for a food tasting tour with a local or discovering a romantic B&B in the middle of New York - I’ve found it and I’ll share it with you. So....where should we go?