You'll Always Have Paris

Ooooo I love it when I don't even have to go looking and things just come to me.  This little gem arrived in a tripadvisor.com update.  I haven't even begun snooping around in the South of France yet but this is a good start.  I love, love, love hotels with character and the Hotel De Vigniamont is a perfect example.  Luxury is appreciated but often times I'd rather stay somewhere with a story to tell.  This place is brimming with romance.  It looks like it's clinging to a different time and has no desire to ever leave it.  Nor should it. It's perfect the way it is.

It's situated in the enchanting little town of Pezenas, France. Owner "Babette" who lives in the building also cooks your breakfast. Among other little treats included in your room rate they offer a "raid the pantry" aperitif hour at dusk on the terrace.  Wines from local vineyards are poured and Babette makes another appearance to serve tasty hors d' oeuvres.  Seems like a marvelous way to spend a long weekend; munching crusty bread, savoring delicious cheese, and making stops at every single wine bar in this quaint little town. Plus, I'd really like to meet Babette. 


By the way, the reviews are excellent.  See the third link below.

http://www.hoteldevigniamont.com/
http://www.ot-pezenas-valdherault.com/index.php?lang=en
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g616105-d557123-Reviews-Hotel_De_Vigniamont-Pezenas_Languedoc_Roussillon.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I didn’t dip my toe in an ocean until I turned 25 and my friend Sandy and I traveled to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. After that week, I was hooked. I loved being somewhere new; smelling the smells, tasting new food, seeing how other people lived. It energized me. As luck would have it, I landed a job that allowed me to travel all over the US and often to Canada. Being a sports event television producer, I was on the road all the time. That's when my love affair with travel began. Now, its 20 years later and still no one gets more “geeked up” about planning a vacation than I do. All I need is a destination and some travel companions and my fire is lit! I start delving into my favorite hotel sites, sifting through photos and reviews, comparing, contrasting -it’s like an addiction. The travel shows with tips and trends? I study them like a playbook. I LOVE doing the things most people hate doing before they go on vacation. Whether it be searching for a food tasting tour with a local or discovering a romantic B&B in the middle of New York - I’ve found it and I’ll share it with you. So....where should we go?