Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pretty....in Portland?

Glamour and Portland aren't usually in the same sentence but, when we're talking about The Nines they absolutely go together.  Who knew?!

The Nines is located in what once was a department store (it's like the mother ship calling me home) in the heart of Portland.  Built in 1909, the landmark Meier & Frank building also housed everything from a pet shop to a radio station and was the location of Clark Gable's last "real" job before becoming an actor in the 1930's. Cool.

Because of it's department store beginnings, the hotel has a "fashion" theme - mannequins in the lobby etc...love the Tiffany blue...





Gorgeous, am I right?  (Sigh) I could post 100 more pictures- it's just stunning.  Even the bathroom is beautiful...


The reviews are excellent as well.  It's also listed in Travel + Leisure's Top 500 Hotels for 2011.  Even better?  It's affordable.  With rooms around $200, even a amateur fashionista can, at least, hang like a pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snacks On a Plane

Why is it that the minute I arrive at an airport I'm starving?  I think it's because I'm inevitably stressed or late with no tim...