We Heart NYC

Taxis in Times Square
New York is my favorite city in the world. This weekend, of course, we'll reflect on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.  If you've never traveled to this marvelous city before, put it on your bucket list and get there some day, some way, some how. 

I found a great article on the Travel Channel's website with fantastic tips on how to see New York on a budget.  Check 
it out:  Travel Channel - New York on a Budget.

Here are some of my favorite photos & memories of my trips to New York City.  I've posted a ton about New York on this blog so if you'd like additional info on hotels, restaurants, flights etc. just type "New York" into Trip Scout's search box.  

Her Majesty

On the ferry to Ellis Island

Ellis Island
Gateway to Freedom - Ellis Island
Dylan is Ralph Lauren's daughter - who knew? The girl likes candy.
Empire State Building

Chinatown
Upper West Side Street
At the famous clock at the Waldorf Astoria

Musicians in Central Park
The coffee shop from You've Got Mail

Tulips in bloom on Park Avenue
Freedom rising....
On Sunday, September 11th, I know that you'll join me in remembering our fellow citizens and first responders who were so violently taken from us ten years ago.  God Bless America.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I didn’t dip my toe in an ocean until I turned 25 and my friend Sandy and I traveled to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. After that week, I was hooked. I loved being somewhere new; smelling the smells, tasting new food, seeing how other people lived. It energized me. As luck would have it, I landed a job that allowed me to travel all over the US and often to Canada. Being a sports event television producer, I was on the road all the time. That's when my love affair with travel began. Now, its 20 years later and still no one gets more “geeked up” about planning a vacation than I do. All I need is a destination and some travel companions and my fire is lit! I start delving into my favorite hotel sites, sifting through photos and reviews, comparing, contrasting -it’s like an addiction. The travel shows with tips and trends? I study them like a playbook. I LOVE doing the things most people hate doing before they go on vacation. Whether it be searching for a food tasting tour with a local or discovering a romantic B&B in the middle of New York - I’ve found it and I’ll share it with you. So....where should we go?