On a mission....for Michael.

Mr. Buble
I think someone is trying to tell me something.  I was just talking to a friend the other day who was recounting his recent jaunt to Vegas to see a music awards show.  It's such a great idea -not just to go somewhere - but to go with a mission; a game, a show, a store, whatever.  Just having that purpose gets you "out there" and makes you open and available to experience so much more.  Plus, you might visit a city you wouldn't normally consider.  To me, the best vacation stories are about what happens to you when you were actually planning on something else.

I got "pinged" by Ticketmaster the other day notifying me that Michael Buble is coming....
to Duluth.  Wha?! Yeah, that's right.  He's bypassing Minneapolis to go play to that screaming, swooning crowd of cougars in Duluth. Aaahhh, my peeps! I guess that can only mean one thing: road trip.
Duluth
Michael requires a full evening of prep - ie; dinner and cocktails before and after, so this means an overnight stay is a definite must. Although, like most Minnesotans, I've been to Duluth many times...I've never actually been there for "night life". In fact, I haven't been there for an overnight stay in years. My preliminary hotel searches haven't been very promising. I can't seem to find a place to stay that doesn't have
Hampton/Courtyard/Comfort/Days in it's name.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, and I'm not a hotel snob (really) I was just looking for something a little....well...different. The show isn't until June, so I have plenty of time.

More to come on this...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I didn’t dip my toe in an ocean until I turned 25 and my friend Sandy and I traveled to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. After that week, I was hooked. I loved being somewhere new; smelling the smells, tasting new food, seeing how other people lived. It energized me. As luck would have it, I landed a job that allowed me to travel all over the US and often to Canada. Being a sports event television producer, I was on the road all the time. That's when my love affair with travel began. Now, its 20 years later and still no one gets more “geeked up” about planning a vacation than I do. All I need is a destination and some travel companions and my fire is lit! I start delving into my favorite hotel sites, sifting through photos and reviews, comparing, contrasting -it’s like an addiction. The travel shows with tips and trends? I study them like a playbook. I LOVE doing the things most people hate doing before they go on vacation. Whether it be searching for a food tasting tour with a local or discovering a romantic B&B in the middle of New York - I’ve found it and I’ll share it with you. So....where should we go?