Brushes With Fame....

SJP filming "Sex & The City" The Movie
I'm a gawker not a stalker - at least I think so. I've never seen George Clooney, however, so for right now I'm in the lesser of the two categories.  I did sit behind Janet Jackson at a comedy club once.  She waited until the lights went down and slipped in with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.  She was in town recording her "Control" album - yes, it was a long time ago. Years later, I was boarding a plane in Bismarck, North Dakota and Dick Clark was sitting in first class.  I'm serious.  Evidently, his wife has family there and they were visiting for Easter.  Yes, he did look awesome; impeccably dressed, tan, blinding white teeth.  But lately, the only claim to fame I have is Kim Kardashian who occasionally "worked out" at my gym - her new ex-husband is from a nearby Minnesota town.  
Filming "Wall Street"
As much as you (or I) may insist that we are too cool to care, a chance encounter with a celebrity is still pretty exciting. The last couple of times I've returned from New York, I picked up the latest "People" or "US Weekly" only to realize that I just missed Sandra Bullock filming in Central Park, or I was staying near a theater that hosted a movie premiere and Matt Damon was there.  What?!!

It would be nice to get a "heads up" and not have to rely on chance. Well, now at least I'll get a hint: On Location Vacations posts not only the name of the television show or movie currently filming, but the exact location and, in some cases, the actual time they're scheduled to be there.  So, if you're headed to LA, New York, Philly etc. and especially anywhere in Canada, you can check the site and see if you're going to be near the set of "Law and Order" or my favorite "Blue Bloods", for example (see photo of His Handsomeness Tom Selleck).  They'll even tell you when the production company is holding auditions for extras.  They rely on tips from the general public so if you see anyone let them know and if you're lucky enough to score a photo with a celeb, they'll post it.
This pic makes me wish I was in trouble

What the heck... It's fun, right? and next time you run out of conversation at a dinner party, you'll have a good story to tell.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I didn’t dip my toe in an ocean until I turned 25 and my friend Sandy and I traveled to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. After that week, I was hooked. I loved being somewhere new; smelling the smells, tasting new food, seeing how other people lived. It energized me. As luck would have it, I landed a job that allowed me to travel all over the US and often to Canada. Being a sports event television producer, I was on the road all the time. That's when my love affair with travel began. Now, its 20 years later and still no one gets more “geeked up” about planning a vacation than I do. All I need is a destination and some travel companions and my fire is lit! I start delving into my favorite hotel sites, sifting through photos and reviews, comparing, contrasting -it’s like an addiction. The travel shows with tips and trends? I study them like a playbook. I LOVE doing the things most people hate doing before they go on vacation. Whether it be searching for a food tasting tour with a local or discovering a romantic B&B in the middle of New York - I’ve found it and I’ll share it with you. So....where should we go?