I was flipping through a hoity-toity travel magazine recently and I happened to notice one of those question-and-answer interviews with a travel writer. The question was: "what one thing will you never travel without?" Her reply? a candle. I remember rolling my eyes and thinking: whatever. How high maintenance are you that you require "mood lighting" in your hotel room? But, I was totally missing the point. Shortly after reading this article, I checked in to a New York hotel room. It was very clean and lovely, but it had a peculiar.....smell. It wasn't bad or good - it was just a smell. It was then that I scolded myself for my rush to judgment about our travel writing friend and I really, really wished I had a candle.
Now, I'M the princess who won't travel without a candle. Voluspa candles are my favorite. They're small and cute and come with their own little lids. They smell fantastic and they're so compact they won't take up any room in your bag. I love the Pomegranate Patchouli - rich berries & spice...smells like a spa.
Some hotels are pouncing on this marketing opportunity and creating their own signature "scent" - it hits you right when you walk into the lobby. If you like it, look for it in the hotel's gift shop and get out your wallet, especially if it was created just for that particular hotel.

No comments:
Post a Comment