Sunday, September 5, 2010

Must Love Dogs

I adore Doris Day.  Someone once told me I looked a bit like her and I almost married him. She is still very much alive but sadly she lives in seclusion in Carmel, California.  I had heard somewhere that she co-owned an inn in Carmel so I was so excited when we were invited to attend a wedding in nearby Monterey and I could finally see it for myself.  I did have a secret wish that we'd have a Doris-sighting but I knew the chances were slim.  That aside, the inn itself was exactly like I'd hoped.  Quaint, cute, full of old movie posters, and plenty of dogs.  Doris loves dogs and it seems like everyone in Carmel does too.  Seriously, they bring them everywhere; grocery stores, restaurants, everywhere. 
The Cypress Inn is on a cute little street centrally located in a boutique shoppers paradise.  If you're a person who doesn't appreciate the wonder and fabulous-ness that is shopping, this is pretty much a nightmare for you. Head over to Pebble Beach and hit a few rounds. When you meet up at the inn later you can hear live music in the "living room", have a cocktail outside in the courtyard and feel like you're in an old movie.

 

The service is personal and attentive.  The rooms are spacious and clean.  And even though your sharing a hotel with dogs, there isn't any "evidence" to be seen...anywhere.  Get a room away from the courtyard if you can.  It can be a bit noisy or just go downstairs and enjoy it with everyone else....and their dog.

 http://www.cypress-inn.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snacks On a Plane

Why is it that the minute I arrive at an airport I'm starving?  I think it's because I'm inevitably stressed or late with no tim...