Monday, August 30, 2010
Chic. Cool. Character.
I love unusual hotels. The Bowery Hotel in New York makes me feel like I'm staying in the guest room of a favorite hippie-chic aunt. It's warm, quaint, eclectic and cool all in one clever package. The floors creek, the rugs are gently faded, is that a doily on the chair? Love the exposed brick, floor to ceiling windows and subway tiles in the bathroom....how cool is that? I couldn't wait to sit in the huge soaking tub and just stare out the window - the view went on forever. The staff is warm and comfy too. Casual but professional. No seats left on the dreamy patio? The host chatted up some guests and they made room for us. Pictures of the boho-style lobby/lounge area made me think it might be musty and dark - it isn't. Not a speck of dust to be found. Combine all that with a great location in the revamped lower East side and I'm thinking I might never leave. But alas, I did and I left the corner room for you - ask for it.
Snacks On a Plane
Why is it that the minute I arrive at an airport I'm starving? I think it's because I'm inevitably stressed or late with no tim...
-
Robert Downey Jr. & Marisa Tomei in Only You I'm a sap. I'll get lost in a good chic movie and I'll watch it a hundred ti...
-
Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Pec k Inspiration. It comes out of the blue. Whether it's a scene from a movie, a lyric in a song, or ma...

