Glamour Girl Camping

do I see a waiter in there?
For those who hate camping...there's "Glamping"!  Short for glamorous camping. It's camping with a little something extra - or alot in some cases.  It's perfect for people who are in a "mixed marriage": one loves to camp, the other?  not so much.

I think I've camped only a couple of times in my life (I don't remember it very well - perhaps I've blocked it out).  My father was an Eagle/Falcon Owl/Big Bird Scout Leader whatever - I don't know...he was a big time scout-guy.  He could make a fire out of a couple of rocks and a cool breeze.  We ALWAYS had a big, yellow canoe strapped to the hood of our car (THAT'S not embarrassing when you're in high school).  I have to admit I did enjoy the canoeing part, but I was greatly relieved when my brothers finally got a little older and they could go on trips with my dad and I was politely "excused".

aahhh....sheets.
I don't like to get dirty (I even hate to garden)Bugs are irritating and for some reason they think I'm delicious.  I have a strange affinity for my blow dryer and it's quite impossible for me to get by without it.  Some gals can look ever so cute in the ponytail/baseball cap combo. Me?  uummm no.  I require a hot shower and plenty of hair products.

It seems I'm not alone because more and more resorts are offering upscale alternatives to traditional camping. Although not exactly defined, "the "glamping" term generally applies to commercial camping options that involve accommodations with wood floors, premium bedding and “en-suite” amenities, such as rugs, wood stoves and propane lighting." Hmmm...didn't see anything there about providing an outlet for my Conair Ionic Turbo Styler.  I did see something about a butler and a camp chef - that I like.
no moldy sleeping bag here...


To read more: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I didn’t dip my toe in an ocean until I turned 25 and my friend Sandy and I traveled to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. After that week, I was hooked. I loved being somewhere new; smelling the smells, tasting new food, seeing how other people lived. It energized me. As luck would have it, I landed a job that allowed me to travel all over the US and often to Canada. Being a sports event television producer, I was on the road all the time. That's when my love affair with travel began. Now, its 20 years later and still no one gets more “geeked up” about planning a vacation than I do. All I need is a destination and some travel companions and my fire is lit! I start delving into my favorite hotel sites, sifting through photos and reviews, comparing, contrasting -it’s like an addiction. The travel shows with tips and trends? I study them like a playbook. I LOVE doing the things most people hate doing before they go on vacation. Whether it be searching for a food tasting tour with a local or discovering a romantic B&B in the middle of New York - I’ve found it and I’ll share it with you. So....where should we go?