Hangin' with Richard Gere

It's a little hard to imagine: you wake up in a countryside B&B, wander downstairs for a little breakfast and....oh here's Richard Gere pouring your coffee and asking if you slept well. It can happen...and you don't even have to be Julia Roberts.

When Gere and his actress/wife Carey Lowell aren't doing the acting thing, they're innkeepers. They own The Bedford Post Inn located just an hour north of New York.  It's a quaint, 8 guestroom farmhouse with a yoga loft and gourmet restaurant. Neighbors include Ralph Lauren, Martha Stewart & Donald Trump.  I wonder if The Donald stops by for a little yoga now and then... 


Rooms are around $350.  Check out Jet Setter.com for a special rate available only for a short time, and while you're there flip through the photos.  It's beautiful.

Bedford Post Inn






Check out what Martha has to say about Gere's restaurant on The Martha Blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I didn’t dip my toe in an ocean until I turned 25 and my friend Sandy and I traveled to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. After that week, I was hooked. I loved being somewhere new; smelling the smells, tasting new food, seeing how other people lived. It energized me. As luck would have it, I landed a job that allowed me to travel all over the US and often to Canada. Being a sports event television producer, I was on the road all the time. That's when my love affair with travel began. Now, its 20 years later and still no one gets more “geeked up” about planning a vacation than I do. All I need is a destination and some travel companions and my fire is lit! I start delving into my favorite hotel sites, sifting through photos and reviews, comparing, contrasting -it’s like an addiction. The travel shows with tips and trends? I study them like a playbook. I LOVE doing the things most people hate doing before they go on vacation. Whether it be searching for a food tasting tour with a local or discovering a romantic B&B in the middle of New York - I’ve found it and I’ll share it with you. So....where should we go?