A Whole Lotta History...and baked beans too.

Masculine sexiness....the perfect way to describe Boston's Nine Zero Hotel.  Ideally located in downtown Boston and named to Travel + Leisure's Best 500 Hotels in the World List, the Nine Zero is also home to one of the best spots in Boston to find a big slab of Kobe beef - KO Prime. Mmmm moo.

But, don't get me wrong - this hotel is not just for some macho guy on a business trip.  There's plenty for the ladies as well.  Recently, the Nine Zero became a Kimpton Hotel and I'm a huge fan of the Kimpton brand for several reasons; they are usually smaller properties so the service is very personal, the hotels are immaculate & elegant - but never stuffy, and no two ever look exactly the same.  Plus, there are some pretty nice benefits to becoming a Kimpton In Touch Member; free wi-fi, $30 off in-room spa services, and free license to raid the mini-bar (there IS a limit so settle down).  My favorite bonus? They'll also remember your preferences whether it be a certain newspaper, a particular room location, even the level of pillow fluffiness you prefer. Of course there are rewards for frequent stays, but who has the time or patience to keep track?  I'd rather it just be a surprise....



KO Prime
I've mentioned before how great Kimpton is at honoring their "best rate guarantee" so if you find a better rate on a different site - Expedia, Travelocity, whatever - just give them a heads up and they'll match it...happily.  Great user reviews on Tripadvisor.com and a perfect location near the Beacon Hill neighborhood make the Nine Zero a fantastic choice.  

I guess I'll add it to my list...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I didn’t dip my toe in an ocean until I turned 25 and my friend Sandy and I traveled to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. After that week, I was hooked. I loved being somewhere new; smelling the smells, tasting new food, seeing how other people lived. It energized me. As luck would have it, I landed a job that allowed me to travel all over the US and often to Canada. Being a sports event television producer, I was on the road all the time. That's when my love affair with travel began. Now, its 20 years later and still no one gets more “geeked up” about planning a vacation than I do. All I need is a destination and some travel companions and my fire is lit! I start delving into my favorite hotel sites, sifting through photos and reviews, comparing, contrasting -it’s like an addiction. The travel shows with tips and trends? I study them like a playbook. I LOVE doing the things most people hate doing before they go on vacation. Whether it be searching for a food tasting tour with a local or discovering a romantic B&B in the middle of New York - I’ve found it and I’ll share it with you. So....where should we go?